Mayor, Council and Staff of the Township of White River are working hard to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We continue to monitor government and health agency directives as they are changing daily. The health and well-being of our residents is of utmost importance to us, especially our vulnerable population. Please contact (by telephone) the municipal office at 807-822-2450 or by email to email@example.com if you have any questions or require any assistance. For the most up to date information and updates with respect to the ongoing pandemic, please visit our Municipal Facebook page at www.facebook.com/townshipofwhiteriver/ .
PROTECT YOURSELF AND HELP US PROTECT THE OUR VULNERABLE POPULATION
Here are some tips gathered from governments and health organizations:
- STAY HOME except for essential reasons, some of which are noted above.
- Employers whose businesses are currently open will need to ensure their employees work remotely, where possible.
- Outdoor organized public gatherings and social gatherings are restricted to a limit of 5 people with limited exceptions.
- Close contacts should only be those individuals who live in your home.
- Wash/sanitize your hands often.
- Don’t touch your face, so you do not spread germs that have gotten onto your hands.
- Wear a mask in any public space or, as well, outdoors where social distancing is a challenge.
- Avoid crowds in public areas.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from anyone who does not reside in your household.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- If you have traveled outside the country or have been in contact with someone who has traveled outside the country, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are sick STAY HOME
- If you have flu like symptoms including coughing, fever or shortness of breath STAY HOME and call the Northern Neighbours Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic at 807-822-2320 or Telehealth at 1-866-797-000 to discuss your symptoms. You can also use the Government of Ontario's Online Self-Assessment Tool.
The Service Ontario Office also offers a wide range of online services at www.serviceontario.ca
Here are just a few of the services offered together with the links for same:
sign up and get email reminders when it is time to renew your licence plate sticker and/or driver’s licence at ServiceOntario.ca/EmailReminders
renew your licence plate sticker at ServiceOntario.ca/PlateSticker
renew your driver’s licence and health card at ServiceOntario.ca/RenewCards
change your address on your health card and driver’s licence at ServiceOntario.ca/AddressChange
If you have an urgent matter that cannot be dealt with online, please contact the Township of White River at 807-822-2450.
*If you cannot access these sites, please contact the township at 807-822-2450 for printed versions.